Spectrum ArtWorks presents The Big Picture at the Solar Arts Building in Northeast Minneapolis
The Big Picture
Exploring wellness in recovery through art
Feb. 20th from 6pm-9pm
2nd floor artist studios will be open for folks to browse/shop art!
American Lung Association in Minnesota
Solar Arts Building
Open to the public:
Saturday, Feb 20, 6-9 pm (winter market)
The Big Picture, Spectrum ArtWorks upcoming peer-led and curated group exhibition explores health and aims to encourage wellness in recovery. The theme of health and wellness in recovery is inspired by the Substance and Mental Health Service Administration’s (SAMHSA) definition of recovery, “as a process of change through which individuals improve their health and wellness, live self-directed lives, and strive to reach their full potential.” Art from the show comes from core group of 15 artists living with mental illness who work publicly as a collective to challenge mental health and create community. Their work in this show gleans from the SAMHSA’s defined four major dimensions that support a life in recovery, which are health, home, purpose, and community. Some artists from the group call attention to the impacts of smoking on individuals living with mental illness while others look to our social and domestic lives when exploring self-care. More info: http://www.samhsa.gov/recovery. Artists from this group have shown with Soo Visual Arts Center, Minneapolis Institute of Art, MacRostie Art Center, and are recipients of the VSA MN Emerging Artist Grant and the Minnesota State Arts Board’s Artist Initiative Grant.
The Northeast Farmers Market is looking forward to the fourth #frostfreemarket located at the Solar Arts by Chowgirls! 3rd floor
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 20th, 6:00pm-9:00pm!
– DJs The Ring Toss Twins will be playing soul and funk on #vinyl!
– Enjoy an Indeed Brewing Company, Sociable Cider Werks, and specialty cocktails made with Norseman Distillery spirits!
– Fun activity for the adults – make a linocut print! (kids activities will resume at the next Winter Market on March 19th)
Solar Arts Building
711 15th Ave NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Located on the third floor
– Parking lot available on Monroe Street NE
– EBT, credit & debit cards accepted
– You know we love ’em, but please keep your pups at home!
- Small Business Saturday Nov. 25thShow your love and support local small businesses! Here at Solar Arts we’ve got a whole bunch of sma...
- Art This Way Nov. 2nd-5thFall is such a magical time of year to come together and celebrate what we love. Life is beautiful a...
- First Thursday October 5thThis fall we invite you to find something new and exciting that speaks to you. At Solar Arts we are...
- First Thursday June 1stJune 1, 2017 | 5-9pm Join the Solar Arts Community as we throw open our doors and share the love. St...
- May 19-21 Artist Showcase during Art-A-Whirl®Here at Solar Arts we believe that art matters and deserves to be celebrated! This year we have put...