Spectrum ArtWorks presents The Big Picture at the Solar Arts Building in Northeast Minneapolis
The Big Picture
Exploring wellness in recovery through art
First Thursday — 2nd floor artist studios will be open for folks to browse/shop art!
Solar Arts Building
711 NE 15th Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55413
American Lung Association in Minnesota
Solar Arts Building
Exhibition Dates: February 4-22, 2016
Open to the public:
Thursday, Feb 4, 5 – 9pm (Opening Reception)
Saturday, Feb 20, 6-9 pm (winter market)
Gallery Hours by appointment:
Call 612-752-8282 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Big Picture, Spectrum ArtWorks upcoming peer-led and curated group exhibition explores health and aims to encourage wellness in recovery. The theme of health and wellness in recovery is inspired by the Substance and Mental Health Service Administration’s (SAMHSA) definition of recovery, “as a process of change through which individuals improve their health and wellness, live self-directed lives, and strive to reach their full potential.” Art from the show comes from core group of 15 artists living with mental illness who work publicly as a collective to challenge mental health and create community. Their work in this show gleans from the SAMHSA’s defined four major dimensions that support a life in recovery, which are health, home, purpose, and community. Some artists from the group call attention to the impacts of smoking on individuals living with mental illness while others look to our social and domestic lives when exploring self-care. More info: http://www.samhsa.gov/recovery. Artists from this group have shown with Soo Visual Arts Center, Minneapolis Institute of Art, MacRostie Art Center, and are recipients of the VSA MN Emerging Artist Grant and the Minnesota State Arts Board’s Artist Initiative Grant.
- First Thursday October 5thThis fall we invite you to find something new and exciting that speaks to you. At Solar Arts we are...
- First Thursday June 1stJune 1, 2017 | 5-9pm Join the Solar Arts Community as we throw open our doors and share the love. St...
- May 19-21 Artist Showcase during Art-A-Whirl®Here at Solar Arts we believe that art matters and deserves to be celebrated! This year we have put...
- First Thursday February 2ndFebruary 2, 2017 | 5-9pm Join the Solar Arts Community as we throw open our doors and share the love...
- Holiday Art Show Dec. 1st-4thLight up the night. Light up a life. Holiday Art Show! Dec. 1st 5-9 pm | Dec. 2nd 5-9 pm | Dec. 3rd...