Spectrum ArtWorks presents The Big Picture at the Solar Arts Building in Northeast Minneapolis
The Big Picture
Exploring wellness in recovery through art
First Thursday — 2nd floor artist studios will be open for folks to browse/shop art!
Solar Arts Building
711 NE 15th Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55413
American Lung Association in Minnesota
Solar Arts Building
Exhibition Dates: February 4-22, 2016
Open to the public:
Thursday, Feb 4, 5 – 9pm (Opening Reception)
Saturday, Feb 20, 6-9 pm (winter market)
Gallery Hours by appointment:
Call 612-752-8282 or email email@example.com
The Big Picture, Spectrum ArtWorks upcoming peer-led and curated group exhibition explores health and aims to encourage wellness in recovery. The theme of health and wellness in recovery is inspired by the Substance and Mental Health Service Administration’s (SAMHSA) definition of recovery, “as a process of change through which individuals improve their health and wellness, live self-directed lives, and strive to reach their full potential.” Art from the show comes from core group of 15 artists living with mental illness who work publicly as a collective to challenge mental health and create community. Their work in this show gleans from the SAMHSA’s defined four major dimensions that support a life in recovery, which are health, home, purpose, and community. Some artists from the group call attention to the impacts of smoking on individuals living with mental illness while others look to our social and domestic lives when exploring self-care. More info: http://www.samhsa.gov/recovery. Artists from this group have shown with Soo Visual Arts Center, Minneapolis Institute of Art, MacRostie Art Center, and are recipients of the VSA MN Emerging Artist Grant and the Minnesota State Arts Board’s Artist Initiative Grant.
- Holiday Art Show Dec. 7-9 Light Up The NightWe merrily invite you to our 6th Annual Holiday Art Show. The celebration officially kicks off on Fi...
- Small Business Saturday Nov. 25thShow your love and support local small businesses! Here at Solar Arts we’ve got a whole bunch of sma...
- Art This Way Nov. 2nd-5thFall is such a magical time of year to come together and celebrate what we love. Life is beautiful a...
- First Thursday October 5thThis fall we invite you to find something new and exciting that speaks to you. At Solar Arts we are...
- First Thursday June 1stJune 1, 2017 | 5-9pm Join the Solar Arts Community as we throw open our doors and share the love. St...